Goderich Electric Ltd wants to remind you to only purchase and install CSA approved Christmas lights this season.
Other electrical products have not been through product testing and can cause extra risk to your home and loved ones. Recognize the labels with the links at the bottom of this page. Don’t take the chance!
Be safe this holiday season with these other tips:
- Check strand cords and extension cords for damage or fraying. Only use outdoor rated cords and be sure to use (and not cut off) the grounding prong on the plug. Keep cords away from areas where someone could trip.
- Do not overload your circuits and make sure outdoor receptacles are GFCI protected.
- Keep your ladder away from nearby power lines and be sure to place the ladder on a secure footing.
Once you have decorated your home please enter our Christmas Light Contest by submitting a picture to our Facebook page. Official rules below.
We Wish you a SAFE and Merry Christmas!
Rules & Regulations of the “Goderich Electric Ltd Christmas Lights Contest”
No purchase is necessary to enter or to win the 2018 Goderich Electric Ltd Christmas Lights Contest (referred to as “Contest” for the duration of this document). The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of the Contest rules & regulations (and all decisions of Goderich Electric Ltd and its agents).
To be eligible, entrants must submit a picture of their Christmas lights by the evening of December 17, 2018 to the Goderich Electric Ltd Facebook page.
Limit of one photo/entry per person. Contest will close on December 17, 2018 at midnight. Winner will be selected at random after the contest has closed and will be notified by December 19, 2018.
Entrant must be a legal resident of Huron County, ON. Employees, officers, and directors of Goderich Electric Ltd are not eligible to enter. The winner must be able to prove their identity. Address must match that of the entrant or one of the entrant’s immediate family members. Winner must also be able to pick up their prize by December 21, 2018 at the Goderich Electric Ltd location. An unclaimed prize will be void.
Entrants are not eligible to participate in the Contest if they are:
- a) employees, agents or representatives of the Sponsor or its agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, sponsors, advertising or promotional agencies, or assignees; or
- b) a member of the household and/or immediate family of any of the above parties. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, “immediate family” means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son and/or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
All entrants hereby consent to the use of his or her name and/or photos of their lighting displays to be used for promotional purposes by Goderich Electric Ltd. without prior notice or additional compensation. Contest participants waive any and all rights relative to the collection or use of personal information.
Entrants agree to hold Goderich Electric Ltd, its officers, employees, and agents harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of the use of the prize or the decorating process. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused or claiming to be caused by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of any prize. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the official rules and the decisions of Goderich Electric Ltd and its agents.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, or any retailer from which Goderich Electric Ltd acquired the prizes. The information and material you supply will only be used for administration of the Contest by the Contest organizers.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. These Contest rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over Goderich Electric Ltd. Void where prohibited by law.